Click on the arrows or dots below the pictures to scroll through the upcoming events. Click on the picture to increase size and view information.
- The NCOA Week – National Council on Aging Newsletter
- Arthritis Association Bulletin – 3rd Edition
- Milan Senior Connection – Milan Senior Center Newsletter
- 2013 Washtenaw County Tax Preparation Sites
- The National Council On Aging – BenefitsCheckUp www.BenefitsCheckUp.orgUser-friendly site for seniors with answers to questions that help identify benefits that could save seniors money and cover the cost of everyday expenses such as prescriptions and food.
- Debt.org – This site offers general financial information and advice. 2 articles offering information to seniors are listed below:
- Top 100 Senior Living Sites for Nurses – A helpful resource for seniors and caregivers alike. Choose from topics including Senior Living, Elder Care, Assisted Living, and Aging Ailments.
Articles of Interest
- Older Americans: Are their attitudes changing? Posted on AnnArbor.com, Monday, June 10, 2013 By Wayne Baker, Community Contributor
- Hearing Loss Accelerates Brain Function Decline in Older Adults Posted on www.hopkinsmedicine.org February 23, 2013; Johns Hopkins Medicine; David March or Helen Jones
- What My Young Colleagues Have Taught Me Posted on www.nextavenue.org February 25, 2013 By Erica Whittlinger
- Aging Poorly: Another Act of Baby Boomer Rebellion Posted on NPR.org February 4, 2013 By Rob Stein
- Baby Boomers’ Last Wishes: Motorcycle Hearses and Facebook Obits Posted on NPR.org January 4, 2013 By Peter Gray
- The Fiscal Cliff Deal: What It Means for Seniors Posted on NCOA.org January 2, 2013
- Boomer women–courted by candidates–struggle in recession’s wake Posted on Economy Watch, NBCNews.com October 25, 2012 By John W. Schoen, NBC News
- What You Don’t Know About Your Local Senior Center Posted on www. ncoa.org, September 4, 2012 by National Council on Aging
- Senior Poverty: Food Insecurity Rising Among Older Americans Posted on www.HuffingtonPost.com, August 29, 2012 by Laura Rowley
- Elderly Scams: Courier Services Play a Surprising Role Posted on www.HuffingtonPost.com, August 27, 2012 by Ann Brenoff
- Guess Who Are the Happiest People? Posted on www.HuffingtonPost.com, August 21, 2011 by FYI Living
- UTI’s Cause Behavioral, Not Physical Symptoms in Elders Posted on www.AgingCare.com, June 21, 2012 By Candace Rotolo