The mission of the Blueprint for Aging’s Community Leadership Council (CLC) is to be a conduit facilitating the flow of information between the aging services network and community members. The CLC aims to:
- Offer a strong, positive vision of aging to community members of all ages
- Facilitate senior independence through awareness, information, and education about available senior services and programs
- Increase awareness of senior issues in all areas of social programming, such as housing, health, food and nutrition, education and work
- Contribute to and disseminate data, research, and reports relevant to Washtenaw County Seniors
Who is involved?
ANYONE can be involved in the BFA’s Community Leadership Council! Members include business leaders, government officials, aging network service providers, funders, and members of the community. The CLC holds 4 large meetings each year, focusing on a various topics that are relevant to older adults in our community.
Why should I become a member?
The Community Leadership Council provides numerous benefits and opportunities to its members. When you become a member of the CLC, you will:
- Be a part of Washtenaw County’s effort to make ours an aging friendly community
- Learn what agencies in the county are doing and what services are available to seniors
- Network with others interested in senior issues
- Play a part in educating the community on positive aging
- Help identify and address unmet needs of older adults in our community
- Have your voice heard!
We are always looking for new members who are passionate about senior issues. If the CLC sounds like the group for you, click on the “JOIN NOW” button below!
Next Community Leadership Meeting: TBD