The Blueprint for Aging strives to create and maintain positive community change to increase quality of life and independence for older adults and their allies in Washtenaw County through a community collaborative process.
Washtenaw County Needs the Blueprint for Aging
The number of older adults is projected to triple over the coming years, with a significant increase in the number of adults over age 85. This will impact every sector of our community.
The Blueprint for Aging is uniquely positioned to provide innovative and meaningful solutions to ready our community for this demographic shift, as evidenced by its strong history of accomplishment:
• Significant national foundation support
• Comprehensive needs assessment and successful strategic plan implementation
• Numerous best practice innovations in service including collaborative case coordination model
• Nationally renowned “Aging with Attitude” Art Show
• First local Senior Data Book
• Effective structure to support a unified voice for older adult issues, information and concerns
• Comprehensive website for county-wide volunteer opportunities
• Aging information, resources, activities and research
The Blueprint for Aging receives funding and support from: